Music and writing are two of the loves of my life, so song lyrics are kind of like my soulmates. And like any great love affair, things can get a little confusing at times. Maybe I’m missing the artistic symbolism of these lyrics…or maybe they’re just super duper, incredibly strange.
10. “She’ll eat your heart out, like Jeffrey Dahmer.” Dark Horse, Katy Perry/Juicy J.
Is that supposed to be sexy? Gross.
9. “…and let him eat my a$$ like a cupcake.” Only, Nicki Minaj
Again with the consuming of body parts. Must be a thing in songwriting these days. *shudder*
8. “Lightning crashes, a new mother cries. Her placenta falls to the floor.” Lightning Crashes, Live
Have you ever actually seen a placenta, guys from Live? It is not poetic. Not at all. Gross.
7. “Yellow marrow custard, drippin’ from a dead dog’s eye.” I Am the Walrus, The Beatles
6. “I spit it out, whatever’s in my mouth, just like that black bat licorice.” That Black Bat Licorice, Jack White
I too would spit out candied bats…if I had them in my mouth?
5. “Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it. I took her home and enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.” UOENO, Rocko
If this man hasn’t been arrested yet, I’m going to start a petition.
4. “I am your family tree, I know your A to Z, this is a secret proposition lay your hands on me.” Family Tree, Kings of Leon
Is this about what I think it’s about? Please tell me this is not a Jerry Lee Lewis situation, guys.
3. “You’re the kinda guy I’d stalk in school. But now that I’m famous, you’re up my anus.” Cannibal, Ke$ha
See? MORE CANNIBALS!!!
2. “And I got her…grocery bags.” Bedrock, Young Money
Huh? Pretty much this whole song. Just listen.
1. “I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black.” Heart Shaped Box, Nirvana
Now I’m sure there is some deep meaning here. But all I hear is straight up psycho.
That’s my list for now. What lyrics would you add?
Leave a Reply